23:20 04 June 2016
Rod Stewart fans have described the singer’s UK tour launch in Norwich as “an excellent evening with an amazing atmosphere”.
The Maggie May singer kicked off his UK Hits 2016 tour at Carrow Road on Saturday night, sailing through old classics and new material in front of thousands of fans.
He also dedicated Angel to boxer Muhammad Ali, who died yesterday aged 74.
The night ended with a bang, as fireworks erupted from the stage.
As they left, happy fans said the show had been brilliant “from start to finish”.
For Joan Phillips, 75, the concert was one of many of Rod’s that she has travelled around England to see.
The Great Yarmouth grandmother said: “I just think he is wonderful and I have been a fan for decades.
“He was brilliant tonight as he always is and we had a really good time. I have seen him all over the country and it was lovely to see him at home.”
Kate Shaw, 34, who attended with friend Georgia Lowe, 35, said: “It was great, he was very good and seemed to enjoy being here.
“It was a cool experience to be at a concert in the middle of the pitch as well.”
Yvette Cooper, MP for Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford, tweeted to say: “Brilliant @rodstewart concert at Carrow Road tonight. Sailing and flying still.”
Social media users reported hearing the concert from as far away as Hellesdon, Dereham Road and the NR2 postcode area.
• What did you think of the concert? Let us know by tweeting @EDP24 and @eveningnews or leave your comments below.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.