Following Wednesday’s shooting in Alexandria, VA where James T. Hodgkinson opened fire on Congressional Republicans at baseball practice injuring House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, an aide, and two Capitol Police officers, investigators are trying to learn about the shooter’s motives.
Given what we already know, Hodgkinson, who was shot and killed during the exchange of gunfire with Capitol Police, was an avid Bernie Sanders supporter and even worked on his presidential campaign. He posted many anti-Trump memes on social media. However, according to the Daily Caller, the FBI has retrieved an assassination list on Hodgkinson’s body.
On that list included the names ofÂ Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC), and Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ). Both Brooks and Duncan were at Wednesday’s practice when the shooting took place.
In fact, Duncan recalled running into Hodgkinson prior to the shooting where he was asked whether it was Democrats or Republicans who were practicing for the annual charity baseball game. Duncan left the field early before Hodgkinson opened fire.
So far,Â none of the three congressional members would offer comment and directed all inquiries to Capitol Police, who have declined to comment.
Of course, Hodgkinson’s crime isn’t an indictment on all liberals, however it was only a matter of time before the Left’s aggression and vitriol would bubble over with an actual assassination attempt. Before, Leftist groups like AntiFa would beat up Trump supporters and conservatives over their politics and smash buildings and light cars on fire because they believe the President is a fascist.
While I can’t defend the politics and views of infamous white supremacist Richard Spencer, the whole “punch a Nazi” meme that circulated the internet in January made it more acceptable (and some would argue funny) to physically harm those who support Donald Trump.
The Left is way past demonizing and inflicting physical harm on the other side. Either elected officials are going to have to acknowledge that this form of extremism exists and mobilize ways to stop it, or we risk more assassination attempts happening in the future.
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- One Killed, Eight Wounded in Church Shooting in Tennessee
by Daniella Silva One person was.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Racially-Charged Mayhem in St. Louis: At Least 10 Officers Injured
Protests in St. Louis, Missouri, turned.
- Amazon Reviewers Rip Apart Clinton’s New Election Memoir
Amber Randall Amazon reviewers jumped at.
- Woman Escapes From Handcuffs, Takes Cop Car On Joyride [VIDEO]
LISTEN TO TLR’S LATEST PODCAST: Amber.
- Expecting Defeat In Supreme Court, Public Sector Unions Try to Slow Exodus of Members
A case titled Janus v. American.
- Vets With ‘Bad Paper’ Discharges Get Good News In New DoD Guidance
By Adam Weinstein on August 29,.
- Walkie-Talkie App Zello Proves Critical in Harvey Rescue Efforts
People evacuate their homes after.
- Anti-Legalization Group Urges Feds To “Systematically Shut Down” Cannabis Industry
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 10:25 am.
- Trump’s Anti-Drug Office Wants Massachusetts’ Medical Marijuana Data
National Marijuana Initiative officials have said.