It’s time for the 2016 Preakness Stakes from Pimlico in Baltimore, Maryland when Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist looks to claim the second leg of the Triple Crown. Nyquist is looking to become the second consecutive horse to win the Triple Crown after American Pharoah accomplished the feat in 2015.
The last time a horse won the Triple Crown before last year, it was Affirmed in 1978 — the year after Seattle Slew did the same thing in 1977. The two biggest competitors to Nyquist’s quest come in Exaggerator (3-1) and Stradivari (8-1).
Exaggerator has finished second to Nyquist twice, including the Kentucky Derby. Stradivari has two career wins in three races, but has never run the 9.5 furlong distance Saturday’s race will be.
Here is the complete field with updated odds as of 8 a.m. on Saturday.
|141st Preakness Stakes Post Draw||Odds|
|1. Cherry Wine||21-1|
|2. Uncle Lino||40-1|
|4. Awesome Speed||45-1|
|9. Abiding Star||30-1|
CBS Sports will be bringing you anything and everything around the second jewel of the Triple Crown from Pimlico with the live blog below.
more recommended stories
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today, BetPhoenix.ag,.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- 96-Year-Old Convicted Nazi Declared Fit For Prison
A former Nazi SS guard.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Preseason Finds New England Patriots at the Head of the Pack
Who will be dethroning the.
- Philippine Mayor Linked To Drugs, 14 Others Killed In Raids
Police in the southern Philippines said they fatally.
- Act Now; To Help Protect Trafficking Victims, UN Urges On World Day Against The Scourge
30 July 2017 Criminal groups feed.