Nearly half of millennials supporting Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders are thinking about backing a third-party candidate, according to data and local discussion on Yik Yak, a location-based social network.
The poll — which asked Sanders supporters whether the Vermont senator’s endorsement of presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton changed their opinion — found that 48 percent of respondents said they would vote for a third-party option.
Another 39 percent said they would support Clinton and 13 percent said they may support presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.
The poll surveyed 2,000 self-identified Sanders supporters from July 12-13. The margin of error is 1.8 percent. Yik Yak has a 98 percent millennial user base.
Sanders endorsed Clinton earlier this week after a contentious primary campaign. The Vermont independent said he intends to do everything possible to make sure Clinton is the next president of the United States.
Another Yik Yak survey asked users who they would find most appealing on both Clinton and Trump’s tickets.
The survey found that 55 percent of millennials hope that former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) is chosen as Trump’s running mate and 27 percent are hoping that New Jersey Chris Christie is picked. Just 8 percent are rooting for Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.
For Clinton’s running mate, 74 percent of millennials said they hoped the presumptive Democratic nominee would choose Elizabeth Warren.
The results were based on a poll of 2,500 millennials on Yik Yak.
more recommended stories
- Betsy DeVos’s Due Process
The Left Is Outraged That She.
- John McCain Diagnosed With Aggressive Brain Cancer
LISTEN TO TLR’S LATEST PODCAST: By.
- Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Patient Can Sue Employer for Discrimination
On Monday, July 17, 2017, Massachusetts.
- Tell AAA To Stop Lying About Legalization
by NORML July 18, 2017 .
- Bodycam Video Allegedly Shows Baltimore PD ‘Plant’ Drugs
Body camera video produced Wednesday appears.
- Landmark Study Shows Legal Marijuana Sales Reduce Crime
A new study published in the.
- Hollywood Is Mourning The Loss Of Martin Landau
(CNN)Martin Landau, 89, a character actor.
- Sanders: Democratic Party Has Been Turning Its Back On The Working Class [VIDEO]
Sen. Bernie Sanders said Donald Trump’s.
- I Know I Can Defeat Elizabeth Warren in 2018 Race: Shiva Ayyadurai
By Douglas Ernst – The Washington.
- Global Climate Change Leader Christiana Figueres Joins The B Team
06/13/2017 The B Team announced today.