HILO, Hawaii –
Big Island police are asking the public for help in identifying the person whose image was captured on surveillance cameras in connection with the theft of a Samsung tablet.
On Jan. 26, a Samsung tablet was stolen from a shopping cart near a supermarket on the 300 block of East Maka’ala Street in Hilo. The theft was captured on video surveillance cameras.
Police ask anyone who knows the identity of the person in the photo to call the Police Department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311 or Officer Joshua Gouveia at 961-2213.
Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call the islandwide Crime Stoppers number at 961-8300 and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)