Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney endorsed legalizing recreational marijuana in Pennsylvania, saying it should be sold through state liquor stores instead of private retailers.
Such a move would severely limit the business opportunities for entrepreneurs wanting to enter the retail side of the market. It also would put the state in charge of sales.
“We have the perfect system to set up the legal recreational use of cannabis through a controlled state store system, allowing the state to capture all the income that is going to the underground,” Kennedy said on WHYY’s “Radio Times.”
He added that allowing rec marijuana to be sold through the state stores would ensure customers were properly identified and that revenue from sales could be allotted for public education.
Pennsylvania is still working out the details of its medical marijuana program, which was approved in last November’s election and is expected to go online in 2018. The state is currently reviewing the more than 500 applications it received for business licenses and is expected to be done with that process in June.
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.