After less than ten days on the sales market, Marilyn Monroe’s beloved Brentwood home found a buyer willing to pay significantly over the listing price. It comes at a fitting time, as June 1 would have been the iconic actress’ 91st birthday.
Monroe purchased the home following the demise of her marriage to Arthur Miller, and it was the only property she owned entirely by herself. The actress reportedly paid $75,000 for the house, where she lived until her tragic death in 1962.
The three-bedroom, four-bathroom home was built in 1929, and Monroe was particularly fond of how private the gated estate was, to the point that she refused to have the interiors photographed for interviews.
Monroe carefully decorated the home, making a trip to Mexico in order to locate the exact furnishings she wanted, although sadly she was never able to finish the project.
The seller bought the single-story Spanish hacienda in 2012, but never actually lived there before putting the 2,624-square-foot house on the market in April with a $6.9 million price tag attached.
A bidding war apparently broke out, with multiple offers on the home. Under ten days after the home was publicly listed with Mercer Vine broker Lisa Optican, the home sold for $7.25 million; $325,000 above what it was asking. It’s not yet known who the new owner is, though it might not be someone who is a full-time stateside resident.
Indeed, the house was “the source of substantial international media attention” since it was listed on April 21, per Mercer Vine, so perhaps that’s a hint that the buyer may be from overseas. No matter who purchased the home, here’s hoping it’s a major Marilyn Monroe fan.
more recommended stories
- Topless Equality challenges U.S. courts on GoTopless 10th anniversary (uncensored)
Topless Equality challenges U.S. courts on.
- “In a Heartbeat” – New Animated Short Film About A Boy Coming Out
“In a Heartbeat” – Animated Short.
- Elberon, the high-profile Gilded Age resort you’ve never heard of
Welcome back to Period Dramas, a.
- Quebec Campground Violates Woman’s Equal Topless Right’s
Quebec campground violates woman’s equal topless.
- John Lennon Interview 1969 (I Met The Walrus)
In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic.
- Dolce and Gabbana’s new $245 shirt trolls Melania Trump’s haters
(AP Photo/Luca Bruno) Anything associated with.
- Girls Are Re-Purposing Their Mother’s Prom Dresses In An Effort To Fight Fast Fashion
http://www.theplaidzebra.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/pram2.jpegWith prom season approaching an interesting.
- Tiny Houses For Rent Let You Escape To Scenic Pockets Of Australia
Shacky, a new startup launching in.
- How Music Alters Your Body Chemistry
http://www.theplaidzebra.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/music1-1.jpgIt’s a scene that’s played out.
- Melania And Barron Trump Now Call The White House Home
After months of speculation over when.