WikiLeaks founder criticizes administration’s focus on hacking of Democrats emails
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange: “They are trying to say that president-elect Trump is not a legitimate president.” Photograph: Dominic Lipinski/PA Wire
The Obama administration has been accused of trying to “delegitimise” Donald Trump’s impending US presidency over the alleged hacking of election emails.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who has been living at the Ecuadorian embassy in London since the summer of 2012 for fear of being extradited to the US, was speaking to the Fox News channel’s Seán Hannity after Barack Obama identified Russia as almost certainly being responsible for hacking the Democratic National Committee (DNC).
WikiLeaks subsequently published more than 19,000 internal emails stolen from the DNC, days before the Democratic convention was starting.
The emails showed DNC staffers actively supporting Mrs Clinton when they were publicly promising to remain neutral during the primary elections between Mrs Clinton and her then-rival for the candidacy, Bernie Sanders.
The head of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, resigned over the disclosures.
Mr Trump at the time said blaming Russia was deflecting attention from the embarrassing material in the emails – although he had previously challenged Russia to “find the 30,000 emails that are missing” from Mrs Clinton’s private server.
Source: Irish Times
more recommended stories
- Convenience Store In Massachusetts Sells Winning Powerball Ticket
Convenience Store In Massachusetts Sells Winning.
- Vermont Viewpoints
When asked about the top financial.
- Debate: As Trump Prolongs War in Afghanistan, Should U.S. Pull Out Troops Immediately?
In a prime-time address on Monday,.
- Predicting Trump Won’t Last Full Term, Alec Baldwin Speaks Out on Impersonating the President
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.