Nevada lawmakers have decided to expedite the implementation of legalized recreational marijuana in the state. Initially, it was projected that the law would be operational in early 2018, but now they’ll begin issuing temporary licenses on July 1, 2017.
Temporary licenses are to be in place by July so that Nevada’s medical marijuana dispensaries can start selling recreational marijuana to adults 21 and older, according to Las Vegas Review-Journal. Permanent regulations will be in place by year’s end.
Nevada Department of Taxation executive director Deonne Contine said, “The idea is that we would get going pretty quickly.”
The state is relying on the medical marijuana program to act as the temporary source for recreational marijuana until December 31, 2017, or 30-days after finalized regulations take effect, whichever occurs first. A hearing to adopt temporary regulations is scheduled for May 8.
Applications will begin to be accepted in May after adoption of the temporary regulations takes place. Governor Sandoval signed an executive order requiring a 16-member taskforce to operate statewide in developing proper regulations.
The task force will hold meetings on a monthly basis until April. Their report will be due in May.
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.