As a multimillion dollar fight over recreational marijuana in Massachusetts races toward the finish line, both sides of the debate in Connecticut are keeping a close eye on a vote that could open the door to legalization across New England.
Massachusetts is one of five states where measures to legalize and regulate the sale of recreational marijuana will be on the ballot. Voters in Arizona, California, Maine and Nevada will also vote on the issue. An affirmative vote in Maine or Massachusetts would bring legal recreational marijuana to the region for the first time, putting new pressure on those in the state that oppose expanded marijuana use.
Jill Spineti, president and CEO of the Governor’s Prevention Partnership, said her group wasn’t yet willing to shift the dialogue from opposing recreational marijuana use to figuring out the best way to regulate it. At the same time she acknowledged how legal cannabis across the border would complicate that fight. read more at courant.com
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Update: Vote NO on the Milford.
- Some of the Places with Free Burgers and Special Deals for National Cheeseburger Day
Monday, September 18, is National Cheeseburger.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.
- Sanders Won’t Run as a Democrat in 2018: Party Model Obviously Is Not Working
BY: Charles Russell Follow @charleswrussell September.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- Sanders Medicare for All Delusion
Bernie Sanders has a health care.
- Hillary Says No ‘Absolution’ For Women Who Didn’t Vote For Her
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton is going after Bernie Sanders harder than ever before and it could hurt Democrats …
Kamala Harris, a freshman.
- These THC-Infused Lollipops Also Grow Cannabis Plants
[embedded content] Half Lit edibles company.