A U.S. Marine officer facing involuntary discharge for improperly handling classified information is hoping to receive the same lenient treatment the FBI recommended for former secretary of state Hillary Clinton.
Maj. Jason Brezler has been embroiled in a legal battle since December 2014. Brezler is facing an involuntary discharge from the service after he admitted sending classified information to an unclassified email address in 2012. He was trying to warn fellow Marines about a corrupt police chief in Afghanistan. Several weeks later, a deputy of that police chief killed three Marines in a rifle attack.
An internal review in 2013 recommended that Brezler be removed from the service for possessing classified material, a decision that remains under appeal. However, both the Marine Corps and the Navy Department have already upheld the initial recommendation.
Brezler’s attorney, Michael J. Bowe, has said he plans to cite the FBI’s treatment of Clinton “as one of the many, and most egregious examples” of how Brezler’s punishment was unduly harsh, especially given that Brezler’s situation involved “infinitely less sensitive and limited information.”
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Update: Vote NO on the Milford.
- Some of the Places with Free Burgers and Special Deals for National Cheeseburger Day
Monday, September 18, is National Cheeseburger.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.
- Sanders Won’t Run as a Democrat in 2018: Party Model Obviously Is Not Working
BY: Charles Russell Follow @charleswrussell September.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- Sanders Medicare for All Delusion
Bernie Sanders has a health care.
- Hillary Says No ‘Absolution’ For Women Who Didn’t Vote For Her
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton is going after Bernie Sanders harder than ever before and it could hurt Democrats …
Kamala Harris, a freshman.
- Harry Dean Stanton Passes: A Look at His Three Top Performances
Beloved character actor Harry Dean Stanton.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.