STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. — A man accused of murdering a Steamboat Springs man for his marijuana plants has reached a plea deal requiring him to be sentenced to 35 years in prison.Lucas Johnson’s mug shot (Routt County Sheriff’s Office)
According to Steamboat Pilot & Today, 39-year-old Lucas Johnson on Thursday pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and attempting to escape from Routt County Jail. Under the deal, prosecutors will recommend Johnson serve 34 years in prison for the death of Edward Zimmerman and one year for the attempted escape.
In October jailers discovered that Johnson had tried to dig a hole in a cinder block at the jail with a Monopoly hat game piece.
Authorities say Zimmerman was found shot in the face in the Johnson’s backyard in March 2015.
Johnson is scheduled to be sentenced on Wednesday.
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- These THC-Infused Lollipops Also Grow Cannabis Plants
[embedded content] Half Lit edibles company.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.
- Massachusetts Marijuana Regulatory Board Finalized; 4 of 5 members Were Against Legalization
Published: Sep 1, 2017, 3:14 pm.
- With One Day To Go, Massachusetts Cannabis Board Has One Member
Published: Aug 31, 2017, 10:43 am.
- Anti-Legalization Group Urges Feds To “Systematically Shut Down” Cannabis Industry
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 10:25 am.
- Sessions: “We Must Create And Foster A Culture That’s Hostile To Drug Use”
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 9:56 am.