By Amber Randall
A jury found a Minnesota police officer not guilty of the fatal shooting of black man Friday afternoon.
The jury, consisting of five women and seven men, decided Â Officer Jeronimo Yanez not guilty of all charges. Two of the jurors were black.
Jeronimo Yanez was cleared of all manslaughter charges in connection with his July shooting of Philando Castile.Â Yanez shot Castile seven times, believing Castile was reach for his gun, after he pulled him over for a broken tail light.
Prosecution argued that Yanez was nervous during the exchange and acted too hastily. Castile told Yanez that he had a gun, but “never reached for his gun, let alone put his hand on it,” prosecutor Jeffrey Paulsen said during the trial.
“The problem was Yanez wasn’t listening to him,” prosecutors told the jury.
Defense for Yanez pointed towardsÂ Castile’s alleged drug use; an autopsy report revealed Castile had THC in his system at the time of death. Defense claimed Castile’s marijuana habit prevented him from obeying Yanez’s orders.
“None of this would have happened but for Philando Castile,” defense attorney Earl Gray said. “[Yanez] sees the gun and [Castile] doesn’t follow orders. That’s enough to pull your gun out and end the threat.”
Send tips toÂ amber@
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WATCH TLR’S LATEST VIDEO:
more recommended stories
- One Killed, Eight Wounded in Church Shooting in Tennessee
by Daniella Silva One person was.
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.