With guest host John Harwood.
After a bad bank loan for Burlington College, Jane Sanders, wife of Sen. Bernie Sanders, resigned as college president, and the school folded. Now, the U.S. is investigating. We’ll dig in.
Jane Sanders, wife of Sen. Bernie Sanders, listens as he speaks during a campaign rally in Erie, Pa., Tuesday, April 19, 2016. (Mary Altaffer/AP)
From The Reading List
VTDigger: Subpoena Confirms Fed’s Focus Is Burlington College Land Deal – “The lending agency that issued tax-exempt bonds to help finance Burlington College’s purchase of a lakefront campus received a grand jury subpoena from federal prosecutors in April.”
New York Times:Â U.S. Is Investigating Jane Sanders Over Burlington College Bank Loan – “Federal authorities are investigating a 2010 land deal for a Vermont college that was run at the time by Jane Sanders, the wife of Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The deal ultimately contributed to her ouster as president of the college.”
This segment airs on July 13, 2017. Audio will be available after the broadcast.
Source: Google Alerts
more recommended stories
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.
- Sanders Won’t Run as a Democrat in 2018: Party Model Obviously Is Not Working
BY: Charles Russell Follow @charleswrussell September.
- Bernie Sanders: Single-Payer ‘Not Going to Happen Tomorrow’ – Meet the Press – September 17, 2017
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) joins.
- Hillary Clinton is going after Bernie Sanders harder than ever before and it could hurt Democrats …
Kamala Harris, a freshman.
- Insurer Group Balks At Bernie Sanders Medicare For All Bill
Senator Bernie Sanders introduced his ‘Medicare.
- Hillary Clinton Smears Bernie Sanders In What Happened
Recent Posts Recent Comments SocraticGadfly: Oh,.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders to speak at Missouri college
U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders is coming.
- The Resistance Now: marching miles against white supremacy
A 110-mile march against white supremacy.
- Sanders: Probably Too Soon For Trump To Visit Houston
Sen. Bernie SandersBernard (Bernie) SandersWe might.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.