Marijuana has been used to treat illnesses for thousands of years. Most people know that medical marijuana helps chronic pain, PTSD, nausea and glaucoma, but what about some uncommon uses? Here are a few illnesses that studies have found marijuana to help.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is painful and unpredictable. In some cases, sufferers lose control of their bowel muscles altogether. Medical marijuana can help reduce the pain. Certain marijuana strains can even help improve gastrointestinal health.
Not all forms of cancer, but some cancers do respond to marijuana. In those cases, CBD and THC are said to kill cancer cells. Research conducted by California Pacific Medical Center identifies the ID-1 gene as the gene that needs to be turned off to stop cancer cells from reproducing.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) interrupts cognitive brain function and forces the brain to think differently. In some cases, the brain is all over the place trying to deal with everything that’s wrong in a situation, even if it’s something as simple as a pair of pants being mixed in with shorts in your closet. Some medical marijuana strains promote focus and concentration, which can help OCD suffers.
Alzheimer’s disease affects the cognitive portion of the brain, which makes it hard to think straight. It also affects memory. What this does is kills brain cells and the dead cells stay in the brain, which are called amyloid plaques. Some doctors refer to these plaques as “brain clutter.” Stroke patients can also lose brain function. But, some medical marijuana strains help clear the brain of the clutter, which slows down the progression of Alzheimer’s and improves brain function.
Humans have an endocannabinoid system, so our bodies are therefore biologically designed to work with the chemicals found in marijuana. This means that marijuana can help humans with many illnesses, as future researchers will eventually reveal.
The side effects of medical marijuana are far less than those of prescription medications, in which some medications’ side effects are more serious than the illness they treat.
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- These THC-Infused Lollipops Also Grow Cannabis Plants
[embedded content] Half Lit edibles company.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.
- Massachusetts Marijuana Regulatory Board Finalized; 4 of 5 members Were Against Legalization
Published: Sep 1, 2017, 3:14 pm.
- With One Day To Go, Massachusetts Cannabis Board Has One Member
Published: Aug 31, 2017, 10:43 am.
- Anti-Legalization Group Urges Feds To “Systematically Shut Down” Cannabis Industry
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 10:25 am.
- Sessions: “We Must Create And Foster A Culture That’s Hostile To Drug Use”
Published: Aug 30, 2017, 9:56 am.