Merin Joseph, a police offer from the southern Indian state of Kerala, recently slammed a sexist article written by a vernacular Hindi website in India on the “10 most beautiful IAS and IPS officers in India”.
In her now-viral Facebook post, Joseph, an assistant superintendent of police in Munnar, slams the Indian press for the objectification of women and for reducing their work and professional achievements to their looks.
“This perfectly sums up what is wrong with the press in India, especially the vernacular press. Shameless objectification of women and propagation of patriarchal structures, reducing a lady’s worth to her face value,” Joseph wrote.
While the article has since been taken down, Joseph’s post has gone viral with over 2,300 likes. “Have you ever wondered why we never see a list of the most handsome males in the IAS and IPS?” Joseph asks in the end.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Top US Diplomat To Return To Qatar For Talks Eith Emir
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
- Social Media Site Reveals 300 Anonymous Users Personal Info To Revenge Porn Victim
By Eric Lieberman A social media.
- IS Attack Underscores Fragility Of Iraqi Security Forces
Iraqi Special Forces soldiers walk to.
- The Latest: S. Korean President Seeks Talks With Kim Jong Un
South Korea’s President Moon Jae-in and.
- German police clash with protesters before G-20 summit
A Police officer sprays a liquid.
- Leftists Riot In Hamburg and Caracas
Representatives of the G20 countries are.
- Kim vows North Korea’s nukes are not on negotiation table
A man walks by a TV.
- Iraqi Commander Says 300 IS Fighters Holed Up In Mosul
An Iraqi Special Forces soldier stands.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.
- The Latest: Officer says Iraq troops faced 7 female bombers
Civilians flee through a destroyed alley.