Stuck in a traffic jam? Hum Rider is here to help. With the push of a button, Hum Rider widens and elevates and lets you drive over cars in front of you. Problem solved.
Verizon has built a sky-high SUV to promote its cloud-connected automotive tech.
The Hum Rider is a Jeep Grand Cherokee fitted with a custom undercarriage that can lift it about five feet in the air, giving it enough clearance to beat traffic by driving over it.
The vehicle was designed by special effects house A2ZFX, and uses a Honda generator to run its hydraulic lift system and in-wheel electric motors, according to Mashable.
In a video produced by viral marketing outfit Thinkmodo, the Jeep passes over a row of compact cars and maybe a pickup, although an edit just as it’s about to clear the truck suggests some Hollywood trickery.
Unfortunately, the Hum Rider won’t be coming to the rescue of any commuters soon, but the tech it’s selling could. Verizon’s Hum subscription service brings a suite of telematics features to older and otherwise unequipped cars that includes vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance, and a speeding alert for when you loan the car to your kids, but not an altimeter.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.