The global term to describe a group of people is thrown around town like it’s going out of fashion. “Hey guys,” “so guys,” “um, guys.” Guys, guys and more guys. In almost every context it is considered a gender-neutral term.
This hasn’t stopped one man — Australian of the year, no less — from saying enough is enough. Using the term “guys” is an inherent gender bias that you need to rid yourself of, according to ex-Army chief David Morrison.
A new ad campaign by the Diversity Council Australia, for which Morrison is the chairman, has taken aim at the words we use in the workplace. It goes without saying that some of the offensive words mentioned in the ad — which we won’t repeat here — should never be used in life, let alone the workplace. Read more…
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- The Best New Bike Tech For Commuters
The number of bike commuters may.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.