Is America becoming a dystopia? Fox Business’ Charles Payne shared a fascinating theory on his show Making Money. He believes George Orwell’s 1984 description of Big Brother could be seen in modern life as Big Tech, with three or four major companies controlling all our personal information.
“There is no doubt George Orwell got everything right but one thing. Government isn’t going to be Big Brother. I think it will be combination of Amazon, Google & Facebook… Like Orwell’s telescreens this is about electronic appliances that not only listen and spy on everything you say and do in private but maintaining a recordings of those communications.
“This is about these companies knowing you better than you know yourself and understanding how to manipulate that knowledge. Newspeak is already happening it’s the new language of acronyms, hashtags and emojis…
“Unlike the NSA and other agencies we are inviting these companies to spy on us. They don’t need courts, warrants or even nefarious tactics.”
Daily Beast reporter Betsy Woodruff and Red Alert Editor Ron Meyer joined Payne to discuss his theory. Meyer joked that “Big Brother has become Big Bezos,” as in Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon — which acquired Whole Foods yesterday.
Here’s the segment:
Read more at http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/06/17/orwells-big-brother-become-big-bezos/#MrdXZV6cskKIsYur.99
Source: Red Alert Politics
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization celebrates a decade of legal accomplishments (censored)
For its 10th anniversary, GoTopless organization.
- Online Sportsbook Tempts Bettors With More Options For Mayweather-McGregor Super Fight
San Jose, Costa Rica: Today,.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
Reuters on Sun, Aug 20th, 2017.
- NFL Blackout – Time To Take A Stand #BlackOut
In 2016, San Francisco 49er quarterback,.
- Report: FDA Asking Patients To Provide CBD Feedback
Finally, the FDA is asking people.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.