Some GOP senators want the U.S. to move its Israel embassy to Jerusalem. And they’re willing to slash diplomatic security to do it.
Senators Dean Heller, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio want to change that with the Jerusalem Embassy and Recognition Act. The bill would cut the State Department’s embassy security and construction budget in half until a U.S. embassy in Jerusalem is opened.
Embassy security has been a big concern for these senators in the past.
“Before the attack in Benghazi, what had we done specifically to help them build their security capacities?” Rubio asked then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a hearing.
And Cruz asked Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Martin Dempsey, “If the State Department had requested additional security so that there was additional boots on the ground in Benghazi, is it your military judgment that would have prevented the loss of four lives, including our ambassador?”
But recognizing Israel’s claim on Jerusalem apparently comes first.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Netanyahu at the U.N.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.