Bernie Sanders at the Wiltern Theater in March. (Photo by Annie Lesser/LAist)
The Greek Theater will be berning up Saturday, as a “get out the vote” concert in support of Bernie Sanders will be held there ahead of Tuesday’s (finally!) California primary. The event is free and open to the public, but reserved tickets are required for entry; you can RSVP here.
Featured on the lineup is Best Coast, Ozomatli, Mark Foster of Foster the People, Local Natives, and Iration. The concert will also feature “special guest appearances” by Dick van Dyke, Susan Sarandon and Shailene Woodley, director Josh Fox, and actor Max Carver.
Bethany Cosentino of Best Coast, is “crazy for” Bernie; she played a concert for him in Wisconsin in April. It’s a bummer the Chili’s won’t be joining them—RHCP played a benefit show for Bernie back in January.
In a perfectly on-brand contrast, a benefit concert for Hillary Clinton will *also* be held at the Greek on Monday, but this one costs $$$; tickets range from $45 – $250, quite a bit more than the $27 individuals have donated to the Sanders campaign on average! A ticket to the Clinton show will get you sets from Christina Aguilera, John Legend, Ricky Martin, Stevie Wonder, and Andra Day. We’re not picking sides here, but honestly if Bill were to show up at the Greek and drop this jam….the election’s o-v-e-r:
Updated, 5:06 p.m.: The event’s venue has been moved from the Greek Theater to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Olympic Plaza. But why? An email from the Sanders campaign sent out at 5 p.m. today explains:
Unfortunately, after reaching terms with the professional staff at the Greek to host our rally, interference from a local Los Angeles city council-member forced us to move from this iconic venue, even though Secretary Clinton has scheduled an identical event for two days later — an event to which no objection has been raised.
The concert will take place in the plaza in front of the famed Coliseum itself on USC’s campus.
more recommended stories
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Sanders Responds to Trump Press Conference
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 BURLINGTON, Vt.,.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates on How Cities & Municipalities Are Winning Reparations for Slavery at Local Level
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates: I Would Like to See Donald Trump Resign & Leave White House
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Litehouse Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg In Product
Litehouse Inc. is voluntarily recalling a.