China is one of the most polluted countries in the world, according to the World Health Organisation.
Beijing in particular is known for its ‘smog’ or extreme pollution.
Recently, China’s been on a mission to turn this around and become a leader in renewable energy.
The Chinese Government has announced that they’ve completed the construction of the world’s largest floating solar farm, and it’s now producing energy.
Sungrow Power Supply have created created a 40-megawatt solar power plant, which sits atop of a flooded former coal-mining town in China’s eastern Anhui province.
A local government official said,
The plant not only makes full use of this area, reducing the demand for lands – but also improves generation due to the cooling effects of the surface.
The Chinese government is committed to increasing its use of non-fossil fuels by 20% and become a green superpower.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.