While gaming is not for everyone, it’s pretty much impossible to ignore the sector’s growth, and the rise in popularity of gaming as a spectator sport, as much as a participatory activity.
According to research from eSports analytics company Newzoo, more than 2.2 billion gamers across the globe are expected to generate $108.9 billion in game revenues in 2017 – a 7.8%, increase on 2016. Couple that with the fact that eSports network Twitch has 100 million monthly viewers spending 106 minutes daily watching live gaming, while more than 20 of the top 100 YouTube channels with the most subscribers worldwide are gaming related.
Gaming may still seem like a niche offering, but it’s getting bigger all the time there’s a reason why both Twitter and Facebook are investing in live coverage of gaming events, why professional sports teams are funding eSports teams.
Underlining this, Facebook has released new data on discussion of the recent E3 gaming event in LA, and a new infographic outlining the depth and breadth of the conversation across The Social Network.
As noted by Facebook:
The gaming community on Facebook was buzzing about E3, with a 17 million peopleÂ talking about E3 and the major game titles associated with the show since June 9th. This amounted toÂ 41 million posts, likes, and comments.
Take a look at this overview of the E3 discussion on Facebook.
You can check out the full Facebook E3 report here.
more recommended stories
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- Will The Home Appraisal Industry Be Replaced By Technology?
Automation haunts many discussions about the.
- Global Climate Change Leader Christiana Figueres Joins The B Team
06/13/2017 The B Team announced today.
- Women Cannabis Entrepreneurs Gather In L.A. for Empowerment Summit
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170712214535-GettyImages-581032337.jpeg Women have moved into the.
- How to Compete Against REALLY BIG Competition
Small businesses face heavy competition not.
- Rise in Food Service Jobs a Positive Economic Indicator
It’s hard to find a consumer.
- Apply These 10 Techniques to Improve Your Business Handshake
Making a good impression in any.
- Facebook Is Testing the Addition of Pages Descriptions to Their Cover Images
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/FacebookPagesEdirDescriptionOnCoverImage-150x150.jpg Facebook confirmed that it is.
- Why Ideas Are an Entrepreneur’s Most Valuable Currency
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170702205828-KristenDold.jpeg Reader Resource Entrepreneur Network provides.
- Finally, PayPal Allows Instant Transfers to Bank Accounts
PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL) users in the U.S..