Democrat Superdelegates Guilty Of Dereliction Of Duty
Revolt Against Plutocracy* organized a snail mail effort in the two weeks before the DNC warning superdelegates why Donald Trump will defeat Secretary Clinton in November:
- The Bernie or bust movement is not like “Party Unity My Ass.” They consider Secretary Clinton more dangerous in the short run (a mistake-prone neo-con in foreign policy) and the long run (supporting the“free-trade agreements” coming down the fast-track) than Donald Trump. They make up approximately 50% of Senator Sanders’ supporters* and will not follow Bernie’s lead to get behind a candidate they do not trust, like or believe.
- Senator Sanders’ delegates are planning to walk out of the convention the moment if and when Secretary Clinton is nominated. Imagine the front page headlines around the nation the next day if that happens.
- Although Secretary Clinton will not be indicted, Trump and his super PACs will make a lot of noise about her “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information” and the lies she told about her use of private servers over the last year.
- Revolt Against Plutocracy is the organization that launched the Bernie or bust movement. On their Facebook page and tweets, they claim if Secretary Clinton is the Party nominee, they will change the candidate designation to Jill Stein, remove the self-imposed donation limit and raise enough money to run ads in October in swing states to attack Secretary Clinton from the left. Their donor base is comprised of over 120,000 of Senator Sanders’ most ardent, anti-Clinton political revolutionaries; and that number will only grow as Green Party members and other interested parties discover their PAC.
Superdelegates were put into place, not to rubber stamp the primary results, but to make sure the Party has the best shot of defeating the Republican candidate in the general election. On July 26th, they blew it. They essentially conveyed to the nation that they would rather have Donald Trump as the next president than Bernie Sanders.
This letter is the people’s get-out-of-the-two-party-prison free card. It is your letter of liberation. The people are now free to vote their consciences in all 50 states. If Trump is elected because people vote their values and not their fears, that is on the superdelegates, not the Bernie or bust movement RAP launched in June of 2015.
#BernieOrBust is over. It did not work to secure Bernie Sanders the nomination. “Or bust” is #JillNotHill.
- Plutocracy is a government by and for the 1%. RAP’s agenda is political equality for all citizens.