Democracy Spring is a movement organization committed to winning sweeping democracy reforms in 2017 that would end the corruption of big money in politics and guarantee the right to vote for all. Last April, we organized the largest act of civil disobedience of this century, with over 1,300 people sitting in on the steps of the US Capitol.
This week, at the DNC in Philadelphia, we will engage in mass nonviolent civil disobedience if the Democratic Party does not commit to passing fundamental democracy reforms in the first 100 days of a new administration.
Together we are building a grassroots social movement capable of transforming our political system and winning a real democracy. Join us.
WHAT IS DEMOCRACY SPRING?
Democracy Spring is a movement organization committed to winning fundamental reforms in 2017 to end the corruption of big money in politics and guarantee the right to vote for all Americans. We use campaigns of escalating nonviolent action to achieve this goal and believe in the power of mass civil disobedience to transform our political system.
Last April, we brought together over 1,300 people to risk arrest on the steps of our nation’s Capitol, demanding that Congress take immediate action to get money out of politics and ensure free and fair elections for all, making it the largest single act of civil disobedience of the 21st century in the United States.
At the DNC we are demanding the leadership of the Democratic Party, including the presidential nominee and Congressional leaders, publicly commit to pass sweeping democracy reforms to overturn Citizens United, establish publicly funded elections, and ensure comprehensive voting rights protections for all Americans within the first 100 days of a new administration AND abolish superdelegates now.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Netanyahu at the U.N.
Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu said of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.