Newly released state figures show Colorado’s marijuana dispensaries sold $1.3 billion worth of recreational and medical pot in 2016.
The Denver Post reports that the Colorado Department of Revenue released tax data Thursday showing the third straight year for growth since the state legalized recreational marijuana sales.
Last year’s total pot sales were up from about $996 million in 2015 and $699 million the previous year.
According to the 2016 data, recreational marijuana accounted for $875 million of the sales total, while $438 million of medical pot was sold.
Colorado brought in close to $200 million in tax and fees revenue last year.
Marijuana tax revenue helps fund school construction projects and goes toward other areas such as public health and law enforcement.
more recommended stories
- Why Cannabis Science Inc Is Making A Noise? (OTCMKTS:CBIS)
Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS) reported the.
- Hurricane Local Statement issued September 20 at 5:13AM EDT by NWS
NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-MA12586886DEA4.HurricaneLocalStatement.125868881210MA.BOXHLSBOX.d4cbad3a7425c2bacdcd178d3caebbbc firstname.lastname@example.org 2017-09-20T05:13:00-04:00 Actual Alert.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- Cannabis Clubs: Nevada Ruling Allows Country’s First ‘Marijuana Lounges’
By Andrew N. White @drewgoesin On.
- Cannabis Science Inc (OTCMKTS:CBIS): A Candidate For Short-Term Gains
In our previous review of Cannabis.
- These THC-Infused Lollipops Also Grow Cannabis Plants
[embedded content] Half Lit edibles company.
- Senator’s Statement Laced With marijuana references Hopes ‘initiative can be a kumbaya moment’
Updated: Sep 14, 2017 01:59 AM.
- “It” – Just Had The Best R-Rated Horror Film Debut Ever
From1990 to 2017 and beyond, one.
- Massachusetts Marijuana Regulatory Board Finalized; 4 of 5 members Were Against Legalization
Published: Sep 1, 2017, 3:14 pm.
- With One Day To Go, Massachusetts Cannabis Board Has One Member
Published: Aug 31, 2017, 10:43 am.