Newly released state figures show Colorado’s marijuana dispensaries sold $1.3 billion worth of recreational and medical pot in 2016.
The Denver Post reports that the Colorado Department of Revenue released tax data Thursday showing the third straight year for growth since the state legalized recreational marijuana sales.
Last year’s total pot sales were up from about $996 million in 2015 and $699 million the previous year.
According to the 2016 data, recreational marijuana accounted for $875 million of the sales total, while $438 million of medical pot was sold.
Colorado brought in close to $200 million in tax and fees revenue last year.
Marijuana tax revenue helps fund school construction projects and goes toward other areas such as public health and law enforcement.
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Patient Can Sue Employer for Discrimination
On Monday, July 17, 2017, Massachusetts.
- Tell AAA To Stop Lying About Legalization
by NORML July 18, 2017 .
- Landmark Study Shows Legal Marijuana Sales Reduce Crime
A new study published in the.
- Women Cannabis Entrepreneurs Gather In L.A. for Empowerment Summit
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170712214535-GettyImages-581032337.jpeg Women have moved into the.
- Monthly Marijuana Sales Of $100 Million The New Normal in Colorado
Published: Jul 13, 2017, 6:53 am.
- Flash Flood Watch issued July 13 at 11:06AM EDT until July 13 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS
NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-MA12585C313488.FlashFloodWatch.12585C3E2A80MA.BOXFFABOX.ba6a977c0c3a5c9f0ee87b7aecb70600 firstname.lastname@example.org 2017-07-13T11:06:00-04:00 Actual Alert Public.
- Federal ban on marijuana has created regulatory vacuum says new study
Published: Jul 12, 2017, 7:50 am.
- Sessions Plan To Make Street Drugs Less Potent And More Expensive Is Deeply Flawed
Published: Jul 12, 2017, 10:47 am.
- $20 billion in revenue: Survey finds 1-in-3 millennials have used Venmo for drugs
(AP Image) According to a new.
- Next Up For Vegas Marijuana Dispensaries: Competing For Market Share
Published: Jul 11, 2017, 10:04 am.