In the first 10 months of 2016, Colorado marijuana shops reached a significant milestone they had barely missed in all of 2015: $1 billion in legal, regulated cannabis sales.
Recreational and medical cannabis shops in America’s first 420-legal state have sold nearly $1.1 billion of marijuana and related products in 2016, according to the new October data from the state’s Department of Revenue.
When 2015’s year-end marijuana tax data was finally released in February, Cannabist calculations showed $996,184,788 in sales at Colorado marijuana shops that year — spurring a leading industry attorney to tell us at the time, “I think it’s ethical to round that up to a billion.”
That same lawyer, Vicente Sederberg partner Christian Sederberg, celebrated the billion-dollar news on Monday by also pointing to the Colorado cannabis industry’s increasing economic impact and skyrocketing tax revenues for the state as well as numerous cities and counties throughout Colorado.
“We think we’ll see $1.3 billion in sales revenue this year,” said Sederberg, “and so the economic impact of this industry — if we’re using the same multiplier from the Marijuana Policy Group’s recent report, which is totally reasonable — it suddenly eclipses a $3 billion economic impact for 2016.” read more at thecannabist.co
more recommended stories
- Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Patient Can Sue Employer for Discrimination
On Monday, July 17, 2017, Massachusetts.
- Tell AAA To Stop Lying About Legalization
by NORML July 18, 2017 .
- Landmark Study Shows Legal Marijuana Sales Reduce Crime
A new study published in the.
- Women Cannabis Entrepreneurs Gather In L.A. for Empowerment Summit
https://assets.entrepreneur.com/content/16x9/1300/20170712214535-GettyImages-581032337.jpeg Women have moved into the.
- Monthly Marijuana Sales Of $100 Million The New Normal in Colorado
Published: Jul 13, 2017, 6:53 am.
- Flash Flood Watch issued July 13 at 11:06AM EDT until July 13 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS
NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-MA12585C313488.FlashFloodWatch.12585C3E2A80MA.BOXFFABOX.ba6a977c0c3a5c9f0ee87b7aecb70600 email@example.com 2017-07-13T11:06:00-04:00 Actual Alert Public.
- Federal ban on marijuana has created regulatory vacuum says new study
Published: Jul 12, 2017, 7:50 am.
- Sessions Plan To Make Street Drugs Less Potent And More Expensive Is Deeply Flawed
Published: Jul 12, 2017, 10:47 am.
- $20 billion in revenue: Survey finds 1-in-3 millennials have used Venmo for drugs
(AP Image) According to a new.
- Next Up For Vegas Marijuana Dispensaries: Competing For Market Share
Published: Jul 11, 2017, 10:04 am.