Having to navigate our way through this incomprehensible election cycle without the help of Jon Stewart has been difficult. Yes, we have Trevor Noah in his place at The Daily Show, John Oliver tearing it up every Sunday on Last Week Tonight and Samantha Bee proving she deserves her own show with Full Frontal, but it’s hard not to miss the guy that got us here in the first place.
Thankfully, for at least one night, he’s coming back to television.
Starting next week, Stephen Colbert’s Late Show will begin two straight weeks of live shows to cover the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. According to an exclusive report from Vulture, Jon Stewart will join Colbert on Monday, July 18th to help him kick off the coverage.
It’s still unclear in what capacity Stewart will be appearing, as CBS representatives declined comment, but Vulture is hopeful that Stewart will be on the ground in Cleveland, Ohio to serve as a correspondent for Colbert. That would be both a major coup for the show and a hilarious bit, but it seems more likely that Stewart will simply make another cameo appearance, as he has in the past.
Either way, it’s going to be nearly impossible to avoid the allure of Jon Stewart even potentially talking about Donald Trump on national television. Monday’s edition of The Late Show will air at 11:35 PM.
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- TV Industry Slams President Trump
I’m not sure why anyone would.