On Wednesday, Rep. Jason Chaffetz announced that he was calling on former FBI Director James Comey to testify before the Senate regarding his memo and his conversations with Trump.
Chaffetz offered to let Comey testify privately or publicly after reports last week indicated that Comey was only willing to testify in a public setting.
Despite having earlier declined to do so, it appears that political pressure and criticism and slander from the White House may have driven Comey to speak out and share exactly what he knows.
As some have noted, when Comey declined to indict Hillary Clinton so many months ago, it only took two days for Chaffetz to call him to testify, but now the entire process is taking its slow time, giving Comey a week to get his wits about him and allow the hubbub of the scandal to die down in the public.
If Comey declines to appear before the Senate voluntarily, Chaffetz says that he is also more than ready to subpoena the memo belonging to Comey which reportedly details extensive conversations between the FBI Director and the President.
Either way, it seems clear that by this time next week, we will know a great deal more about Comey’s side of things.
Chaffetz’s newfound eagerness for truth and justice is curious considering he is expected to leave his post as Congressman and Chief of the Oversight Committee any day now. Is it possible that his Fox News ambitions are falling through in the wake of such a White House meltdown?
No matter the motivation, Chaffetz seems ready to get the ball rolling, and the rest of America eagerly awaits whatever developments he uncovers.
Source: Ring Of Fire
more recommended stories
- Dick Gregory In His Own Words: Remembering the Pioneering Comedian and Civil Rights Activist
This is a rush transcript. Copy.
- Headlines for August 21, 2017
Massive protests against white supremacy spread.
- Sanders Announces Funds for Vermont’s Community Health Centers
BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 17 U.S. Sen..
- 6 Police Officers Shot in Florida and Pennsylvania, 1 Killed and 5 Wounded
Six police officers were shot, one.
- Misconduct Dooms Bid to Execute OC Mass Murderer
Orange County Assistant Public Defender Scott.
- Philippine Police Kill 32 In ‘Shock And Awe’ Drug Raids
Philippine police have killed 32 people.
- Domestic Terrorist: James Alex Fields Jr. Identified As Driver In Charlottesville Attack
James Alex Fields Jr. has been.
- Magnitude 6.2 Quake Hits Philippine Island Of Luzon, Jolts Buildings
Students use their hands to cover.
- Car Rams Into Soldiers In Paris Suburb, Man Arrested
Benoit Tessier and Richard Lough 4 MIN READ.
- Bernie Sanders Tells Big Pharma: Stop Making Americans Pay Twice
While both political parties have denounced.