Bernie Sanders Says To Support Third Parties (1991)
Bernie Sanders speaking at the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) conference in Baltimore, May 6, 1991.
These clips focus on his thoughts of third, and independent parties in the United States. It is clear throughout the whole address that he thoroughly supported the third party movements of the time in opposition to the two party system. Describing exactly why working within the Democratic establishment is not possible, “the party has, on issue after issue, sold out so many times”. The party that he has now joined, and in endorsing Hillary Clinton, fully integrated himself in, while at the same time fully ignoring offers at coalition from third parties such as the Green Party, which thousands of his supporters are now flocking to in support of Jill Stein after the endorsement. So why is 2016 any different, and what changed?, seeing the problems of which he spoke of in this speech have only become ever more rampant.
- Standard YouTube License
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)