Leslie Jones has come clean about how Scientology helped her achieve her current level of fame and success.
Well, she wasn’t a Scientologist. But as she discussed on an The Ellen Degeneres Show appearance with her Ghostbusters coworkers, working as a telemarketer for Scientology paid her bills while she worked toward her comedy career.
“Yeah, they kinda still don’t know I’m not a Scientologist,” Jones said. “Thanks for blowing my cover, Ellen!”
She found out about the gig from an ad and it was smooth sailing from there, “It was a very easy interview. I just acted crazy.”
Kate McKinnon also revealed that, as they were becoming friends, Jones mixed her up with the Duchess of Cambridge, telling her SNL coworker, “You alright, Kate Middleton.”
But before their friendship and careers blossomed, Kate Middleton McKinnon was a Little League umpire with a poor grasp of the rules of softball.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
more recommended stories
- Glen Campbell 1936-2017
Glen Travis Campbell 1936-2017 It is.
- Chelsea Handler Suggests a Law That Would Land Her in Jail
Television host and comedian Chelsea Handler.
- Legendary Voice Actress June Foray Dies At 99
Legendary voice actress June Foray has.
- Hollywood Is Mourning The Loss Of Martin Landau
(CNN)Martin Landau, 89, a character actor.
- Stephen Colbert Obsesses Over Trump’s Twitter
Late Show host Stephen Colbert introduced.
- Let’s fall in love with Lee Wiley
Scott handles the music beat around.
- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind To Celebrate 40th Anniversary In Theaters
One of the greatest science fiction.
- 2017 Music Series Presents Cara Brindisi with The Russo Brothers
What do you get when you.
- Lindsay Lohan’s Surprising Message About the President
Lindsay Lohan pledged her allegiance to.
- Baby Driver Takes No. 2 At The Box Office But Still Wins the Weekend
After four movies’ worth of mini.