They weren’t giving away marijuana, but that didn’t stop dozens from lining up hours in advance for the opening of Alaska’s first pot shop on Saturday.
Residents of Valdez are calling their community “the highest little town at sea level,” KTVA reported.
People in Alaska see the opening of Herbal Outfitters as a historic event in their state.
Mike Holcombe was chosen to be the first inside the shop, and called the moment “monumental.”
“I didn’t think it would happen in my lifetime that it would be legalized,” Holcombe said of his opportunity to purchase marijuana legally. “I’ve been waiting 46 years for pot to be legal.”
It was worth the wait, said those who braved the chill and drizzling rain to encircle the store’s entrance. read more at upi.com
more recommended stories
- Hurricane Local Statement issued September 20 at 5:13AM EDT by NWS
NOAA-NWS-ALERTS-MA12586886DEA4.HurricaneLocalStatement.125868881210MA.BOXHLSBOX.d4cbad3a7425c2bacdcd178d3caebbbc firstname.lastname@example.org 2017-09-20T05:13:00-04:00 Actual Alert.
- “It” – Just Had The Best R-Rated Horror Film Debut Ever
From1990 to 2017 and beyond, one.
- Judge Tosses Sarah Palin’s Suit Against The New York Times
A federal judge has.
- Bernie Sanders Scolds Democratic Establishment at Uptown Book Launch
Bernie Sanders in Manhattan View Full.
- US Sens. Ed Markey, Elizabeth Warren Look To Ban Menthol Cigarettes
Posted by MassCentralBoston.com on Sunday, August 27,.
- WATCH: Student Punches Teacher Repeatedly
LISTEN TO TLRâ€™S LATEST PODCAST: Rob.
- Senator Named to Marijuana Regulatory Post Opposed Legal Pot
Republican Gov. Charlie Baker has named.
- University loses students, major donations after they reinstate racist anti-white professor
(AP Photo/Dave Collins) Johnny Eric.
- Rights defenders ‘must not be silenced,’ says UN office, urging Turkey to release activists
7 July 2017 â€“ The United.
- North Korea Claims It Tested First Intercontinental Missile
This image made from video of.