BY: SHAWNTAE HARRIS
While the horrific taunt of bills, student debt, and high rent plague this generation of innovators, one San Francisco Company has found a solution. Apis Cor is building houses using a 3-D printer in only 24 hours.
One semester of school tuition is equal to the down payment of a new home, which costs about $10,000.
“We want to help people around the world to improve their living conditions. That’s why the construction process needs to become fast, efficient and high-quality as well,” said Nikita Chen-Yun-Tai, the founder of Apis Cor.
The test model was engineered in Stupino, Russia. The printer needs one day to make the concrete and build the foundation, window frames, floors, wall insulation and ceiling. While the bolts, painting and electronic finishes were done manually. The result is a small, flat-roofed house that measures 409 sq. ft.
Construction can take place during the winter month. The machinery is lightweight and works in temperatures up to -35 degrees Celsius. Meaning people in the north do not have to put their lives and construction plans on hold when the weather dips.
Although the houses are not on the market just yet, this affordable alternative to standard living abodes is a breakthrough innovation.
Source: The Plaid Zebra
more recommended stories
- Who’s Going to Play The Superbowl In Minnesota?
The NFL just began but eyes.
- Producer Reveals What Makes His New Military Drama ‘Authentic’
Screenwriter Dean Georgaris had an interest.
- Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction
Dr. Oz is one of.
- EPA Refuses To Send Staff Needed To Clean Most Toxic Waste Sites
Ethan Barton Some of the most.
- Earthquake Demolishes Mexico City Buildings, 42 Confirmed Dead
USGS TIM PEARCE Energy Reporter At.
- Best places to see graffiti in Toronto
BY: NADIA ZAIDI Growing up in.
- Millennials Not Replacing Older Business Owners, Stats Say
As older entrepreneurs retire, the.
- Barbaric acid attacks are becoming part of a growing gang problem in the UK
BY: NADIA ZAIDI When we think.
- After Seeing France’s Military Parade, Trump Wants An Even Bigger One
After seeing France’s military parade in.
- Sanders: I’ll Commit To Joining Democratic Party When It’s Open Enough For Independents
Sen. Bernie Sanders introducing his.