A dozen local companies are ranked on this year’s Fortune 500 list. That grows to a baker’s dozen if you count General Electric, which is moving to Boston.
While GE would be the highest-ranked company in Massachusetts on the list after the move is complete, it also has the largest profit loss. Eleven of the other local companies on the list from our state were profitable.
Company, Rank, Revenue (billion USD), Profit (billion USD):
- Boston Scientific, 359, 7.5, -0.24
- Eversource Energy, 343, 8, 0.8
- Global Partners, 276, 10.3, 0.04
- State Street Corp, 264, 10.8, 1.98
- Biogen, 263, 10.8, 3.55
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, 164, 17, 1.98
- Staples, 132, 21.1, 0.38
- Raytheon, 120, 23.2, 2.07
- EMC, 113, 24.7, 1.99
- TJX, 89, 30.9, 2.28
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance, 76, 38.2, 1.43
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Group, 73, 39.5, 0.51
- General Electric (Currently listed in CT), 11, 140.4, -6.13
Across the whole of the 62nd annual list, Fortune says the companies collectively have $12 trillion in revenues, $840 billion in profits and 27.9 million employees.
more recommended stories
- The Misguided Attacks on ACLU for Defending Neo-Nazis’ Free Speech Rights in Charlottesville
Glenn Greenwald August 13 2017, 10:37 a.m..
- Here’s What A Trump Presidency Means For Cannabis Laws
How will Donald Trump react to.
- Seven Sundays LLC. Recalls Vanilla Cherry Pecan Muesli Because of Possible Health Risk
Seven Sundays LLC of Minneapolis, MN.
- Current Marijuana Laws In Massachusetts – MPP
Legislative battle ends with compromise; implementation.
- Millennial Parents and Their Kids Love Smart Speakers, but Data Privacy Issues Persist
http://www.adweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/voice-family-parents-PAGE-2017-652x367.jpg | 11 hours ago Google.
- 10 surprising spaces in California being converted into cannabis businesses
Published: Aug 15, 2017, 3:40 pm.
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Becomes First State Court to Find Employers Must Accommodate Use of Medical Marijuana
As the number of states legalizing.
- Dierbergs Markets Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish (Bonito and Cod), Lobster, Crab, Shrimp, Soy and Wheat in Product
St Louis-based Dierbergs Markets is recalling.
- Estimating Appliance and Home Electronic Energy Use
Our appliance and electronic energy use.
- CCTV footage Shows Deputies Torturing Young Man with Taser in Ashland City
CHEATHAM COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – A.